Need energy please!!

Is there vitamins to take or something healthy to do to increase my energy??

I work out 5 times a week to Zumba, but I am really dragging for about 2 months. Don't want to get up in the morning, and around 1 I just want to go to bed.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Nickcole23

Asked by Nickcole23 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Remember to keep ur CARB intake up even if your dieting. They are what give u energy. I have to say that A multi Vitiman does give me more energy.(but right now im pregnant some mines pretty gone lol)
    Also food like Bannanas peanuts etc. Help give u energy. GL mama. If you go to a gym For Zumba ask them what kind of protien shakes u could maybe do. I LOVE the Banna Kiwi Starwaberry ones lol
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:58 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well just remember that not all carbs are created equal. Whole grains as opposed to fast acting white carbs that will only make your BG levels spike then plummet making you feel sluggish won't help. Speeding up your metabolism will help you have energy, eating a healthy balance such as lean proteins, colorful veggies, whole grains should be all you need to get your metabolism in gear.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• B12 shots, maybe they have them in a vitamin form, is what a lot of people I know are using to boost energy. Coffee is what I use.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm not on diet. I eat a lot of rice, sashimi, fruits and veggies. I have a bad gallbladder so I was told these were the best foods for me to eat a couple of years ago. I'm just lacking in energy. I was told at work that it is a sign of depression. I hope not.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well the white rice in the sushi is loaded with carbs...the kind that do exactly that, spike your blood sugar levels fast then leave your system just as fast making your energy levels crash...and making you crave more carbs to start the cycle again.

I had gallbladder attacks for years and eventually had it removed....and well eating healthy lean proteins (grilled chicken, fish, ground turkey breasts instead of beef, plain greek yogurt), with steamed veggies, and healthy whole grain carbs like brown rice, quinoa, barley, bulgar, oats, lentils, beans, as well as less sugary fruits like berries, melon, apples are best

If your blood sugar levels get too high it makes you feel sluggish, no energy, you pee a lot, you sometimes get headaches.....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You might want to go to a doctor and have your iron level checked. being anemic can make you feel tired and sluggish.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Are you drinking enough water? The first sign of dehydration is fatigue. I also agree that you need to add more whole grains and lean proteins. I imagine your fat intake is low, since you had gallbladder surgery. Whole grains and lean proteins will keep you feeling fuller longer, as will fruits and veggies. Aim for 8-10 servings a day of fruits and veggies, and 5 of whole grains. Check with your doc before adding any vitamins or anything like that, just because of the gallbladder surgery. I don't believe there are any contraindications, but just to be sure, I'd check. A multivitamin is all you'll need. You don't want to add too much of any one vitamin, because that can cause issues. Having a proper diet and exercise, as well as plenty of SLEEP will make a huge difference in your energy. Has the weather been okay where you are? That can make a difference, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Liquid minerals from the health food store have helped me a LOT. They taste kinda nasty.. but it's worth it. Also a protien shake in the AM helps keep me moving further into the afternoon.
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 3:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2011