Sent home...

32 weeks pregnant. Told to go to OB ward last night for an OB check due to cramping and contractions. Monitored for3 hours. Having sporadic contractions. They said that my uterus is irritated. On the discharge instructions for things to return if experiencing, they listed uterine contractions. That is why I was there in the first place. I have continued to have contractions despite rest, Tylenol and warm compresses like they said. Also continuing with lots of vaginal pressure. They gave me no restrictions, so I have to go to work today (day 7, 64.5 hours with no day off... ) . Cervix is closed, but thinned out a lot.

Would you return, or just stay home and wait it out?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 10:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would trust your body and what it is telling you . If you do not feel comfortable get a 2nd opinion from someone else. Goodluck.
    mahal628

Answer by mahal628 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Agreed i would get a second opionion. Go INTO THE DOCTORS OFFICE not the Maternity Ward sometimes i feel as iff they push u off if there busy. Trust urself and ur body.....in risk of going into preterm labor i woud rest not work.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It is normal to experience contractions toward the end of pregnancy. You'll want to go back in (or back to your OB) if there are more than 4 in an hour. As to whether or not you go to work, well, that is up to you.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would head to work and just wait things out. As the last Mommy said go back if things are increasing in number and intensity. Otherwise I wouldn't head back to the hospital.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Did they give you a shot to stop contractions? I have a lot of experience with this. I have been in the hospital no less than 6 times with each pregnancy due to the same thing. They do make you feel like you are there for no reason. Trust your body though. And go see your dr if you feel you need to. Also I found that if you ask your dr more times than not they will restrict work. They wait for you a lot of times when it is not mandatory or life threatening. Just ask if it would be better and if he or she would be willing to sign a note or something. GL
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011