Gas prices could reach $7 a gallon seriously!?!

I heard this from obama's mouth yesterday on the news. That he can't do anything about the rising price of gas. Bullshit! Omg he so needs to be impeached he hasn't done 1 thing to make the economy better it's only gotten worse.

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think Obama should be impeached over gas prices, I think he should be impeached because he can't seem to do anything positive for our country. The only thing he's managed to do since he was elected is galavant around the world and screw up our health care system.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Please tell me what YOU think he should do

***

Oh I dunno, perhaps allow us to effin DRILL in our OWN COUNTRY (so SPECULATORS will stop the "free for all" they've been granted with anti-US drilling Obama in office)!??!?

Are you somehow NOT affected by rising gas prices, SAK?! I mean, at what point do you say enough already?! Or can he really NEVER do any wrong in your opinion?! Ugh! When gas reached $4.00 under Bush's terms you and the other libs wanted to string him up by his toenails. But, $7.00 gas under Obama is perfectly acceptable?! Whatever!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Ok, so...Riddle me this......IF Obama has NO control over gas prices, then why will it go down around election time?

I am in IL and we have the HIGHEST gas prices around. We are around $4.26 a gallon while other states are at the average of $3.88.
    It is the crappy taxes we pay on gas. Yes, we pay taxes on EVERYTHING!

I haven't heard it going up to $7, I did hear $6...but then the next day one station said gas should be dropping and another said is going to be on the rise again soon.

Once gas hit $5. a gallon we are REALLY going to be screwed. People aren't going to be able to afford going to their min wage jobs. Prices on EVERYTHING are going to go up.

So, why CAN'T we use our gas reserves? Honestly, what are we saving it for?
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Sweet-a-skins....haven't you been around when the gas prices DROP right before an election? We will see how much control O has. When it does drop before the election, then you will know....YES, he does have control. We will all just have to wait and see.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would have said it would top out at 5 but now that the EPA is rearing their ugly head again, I'd say yes it is possible.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• At least Obama is all for supporting in Brazilian Oil Drilling.... (sarcasm)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• it would make me happy if we had a few no tax days through the year..but no, they even had to take that away this past year just for school supplies.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I thought he said something about not resting until the oil prices were under control - way back in 2008? Maybe he should have said 'play golf".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Tons of Americans are working on rigs in Brazil, I happen to know several people that are down there. And he's supporting oil drilling at home too. Google "Bakken Basin".

Why would the leader of a nation SUPPORT (in words, actions, and American dollars) another country exploring off shore drilling all while denying those same opportunities domestically?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I just wish SOME BODY, ANY BODY would stand up for the PEOPLE already and HELP us out!!!

Give us the breaks we NEED. Lower the taxes and gas prices. Make things affordable. Hell, they keep RAISING our taxes, yet we keep going further and further in debt. We need to get EVERYONE out of office and start fresh. I think that would be a start.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011