My daughter is 2 yrs of age and gets migraine's, does anyone else have this problem? What can I do?

Dr. thinks it could be migraine's cause it runs on my husbands side of the family. But she does have an MRI scheduled for the 15th to rule anything else out. Is this common in other little girls to have frequant headaches that make them sick to their stomach?

MyAaliyahBaby

Asked by MyAaliyahBaby at 11:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Besides having an MRI done soon, have you taken her to an Pediatric Opthamologist? I would do that also. I hope your LO is OK.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My young cousin had alot of migraines they thought it was because her hair was to long and heavy so they cut it off and she still had migrains so they took her for the MRI and she had a tumor in her head.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I didn't start getting migraines until my early teens, and they run in my family as well. So, I can't really say that it is normal, even with the family history. I'd go ahead with the MRI, and maybe see about going to another dr., like the first answer suggested. I hope everything's ok!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• start looking at what she is eating/drinking, her medications and even (dare i say it) her vaccinations. Also start using natural cleansers in your home. Check out a naturopathic doctor too. Dont treat the migraine but treat what is causing the migraine.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I can remb back all the way to 3 and having migraines. They also run in my famil on bothsides. My parents took me to tons of doc, I had alot of test done to rule out things. They figured out it was migraines after a test I had done on my eyes. I started taking med at 7 to prevent them... I took it all the way until I was 17. Iam 30 and do still get them once n a while. But I sufered growing up. Iam so sorry for you and ure sweet baby. I pray she out grows them soon. I missed alot of school growing up and, some ppl really didnt understand. I use to be so sick and vomit...... I stopped get them as much when I had my first child. So lord only knows. Its a nighmare. I worry bout my own daughter getting them. Take care and God Bless you!
    Anonymous

• diet - it is most likely something in her diet.

Headaches or migraines are usually caused by toxins in the blood from foods eaten. I would suggest giving her more fruits and greens (green smoothies daily is a good idea) and incorporating more raw foods in her diet as a whole.

If you would like any smoothie recipes i have some.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008