How do I unclog a toilet that a 3yo clogged?

My daughter apparently flushed SOMETHING down our toilet that is not organic (we used a chemical that would dissolve organics and it didn't work), is too solid to knock loose with a plunger (tried this a bunch of times), and won't come out with a drum auger (husband INSISTED I buy one).

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 11:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Pull the toilet! You'll have to turn off the water supply to the toilet, remove the water from the bowl and the tank, pull out the bolts connecting it to the floor and remove it. Then you should be able to get your hand into it from the bottom to pull out whatever toy or item is stuck from it. You'll need a new wax ring to put the toilet back but they are only about $2. And doing it yourself will save you a lot of money by having a plumber do it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You have tried all the normal things, now it is time to call the plumber. It totally sucks, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and call the plumber. Sorry Momma!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:22 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• And yep I had to pull my toilet once....my son flushed a wooden thomas train and it was lodged in there pretty good....with my hand in one end and a wire hanger in the other I got it out
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• As gross as it is, have you tried to reach in the neck of the toilet and feel to see if you can feel the obstruction? One time our oldest flushed a foam zero down the toilet, we couldn't see it, but my husband put his hand in and found it. It was totally stuck, but he hooked it with a metal coat hanger and it came right out. Worth a try anyway. Good luck.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Plumber cause I wouldn't mess with it myself.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Call a plumber.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• MomtoJack gave you great advice. That is exactly what a plumber is going to do to start. You might try reaching in their first and then if not then the toilet needs to be taken off. Hopefully it is stuck in the toilet and not farther down the drain.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would either take the toilet out and look at it up close and personal. Youll have to have a wax ring on hand to put the toilet back in place though. I would also try taking a wire coat hanger and using that to coax whatever is lodged up or down. Youre only other option is calling a plumber. Im pretty sure that if you take the toilet up, youll find whatever it is, without having to pay big bucks for a plumber though.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 9:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011