Is this what our world is coming to? S & M by Rihanna?

Sticks and stones may break my bones by chains and whips excite me? S & M? WTH? Seriously? Now before all you backers go off on a tangent, honestly YES the song is catchy. However, truthfully don't you think there are other words she could have used in place of the ones she did? It's getting so you can't even turn the radio on in the car these days for fear of what's going to come out. So, I ask- Don't you think the songs are getting a little extreme, going overboard. Pointless, even?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Entertainment

• Yes, things are getting extreme. I have had to turn the radio down in the car to prevent my 7 yr old from hearing certain songs. Unfortunately, it seems this garbage is becoming the norm. People are too accepting of it. Not in my house!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Recently I started doing something I thought I would NEVER EVER DO... Only listen to Christian Music! OR only listen to my own downloaded (or CDS) songs.. so i know its OK music my child isnt catching onto..

I recently started to listen to Third Day, Toby Mac, Skillet, and some other Christian music. It doesnt have the old hymns feel to it. You can jam, rock out & get into the music.. and its clean without violent, negative or perverted lyrics.

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• *so I know its OK music my child IS catching onto! lol..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes that is why I prefer the oldies, and easy listening.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I totally agree.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011