Blanket ideas

I have been collecting my daughters school shirts, dance school shirts, team jerseys, and any other shirts like that. I want to make them into a blanket but I have no clue how to do it. Do you know any websites that do it for you?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would just cut them out in the shape of a square so the print is in the middle of the square, then sew them all together. I would get a patterned or plain colored material for the back and put some badding in it. It would end up like a quilt. Good luck!
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 11:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You can do what Yuriko_Chan suggested, but you really need to use an interfacing on the t-shirts to stabilize them. T-shirts are stretchy and a bear to sew on without it. I used a Pellon Tricot stabilizer. It was a while ago.

I would get on google and look up t-shirt quilts. You will get a ton of sites and books. You can probably even get a couple at the local library.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• google how to make a scrap quilt.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:03 AM on Apr. 30, 2011