Since you became a mom

do you find yourself enjoying kids stuff...without your kids? SO's favorite movie is Ratatoullie and he will watch it without the kids around. Last night I picked up my son's copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid and can't put it down now.

nmmama09

Asked by nmmama09 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes. My dd is into iCarly right now, and I admit that I like it and have watched it when she is not home. My ds is 2 and obsessed with bulldozers and tractors. We scream "bulldozer" or "tractor" in the car when we see one. I have had to stop myself from doing that when he isn't even in the car!! I sing right along with The Laurie Berkner Band and The Backyardigans, Spongebob, Mickey Mouse, Choo Choo Soul.... I think it shows my kids that I am really interested in them and the things they like. My dd thinks it is funny!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes, but I've always been like that. I think it's part of what makes me a fun mom. I never stopped enjoying Disney movies, playing on the playground (although I don't do this without my kid lol), things like that. My husband is the same way. We go to see "kid's movies" on date nights all the time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well, my son is only 19 months old, so not yet, lol. Maybe when he's older. I do, however, enjoy doing things WITH him. If I were to read on of his books, it would be a board book...and I've already read them to him so many times that I have the words memorized. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i have i love my son's books even though they are kids books a couple of them were my favorite when i was a kid
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yep....I love watching The Backyardigans...with or without DD lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• no..not really. i mean, i can appreciate good writing and humor from certain movies/shows he watches, but if i have the choice, i'd rather watch what interests me..that goes for the dh's shows, too. funny thing is, while i'm home alone all day, i hardly ever have the tv/dvd on. go figure.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yep i just watched the princess and the frog w/o dd last night and I AM NOT AShamed! ok. maybe im a little embarassed.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 11:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yep I love cartoons now lol
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 1:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011