For Bible believers only please... I don't want to be bashed just have a question for REAL believers.

Do you believe in the trinity? Will you share why? or why not? I do believe in the trinity and tried to explain to a friend why and showed scriptures and she still did not get it... If you DO NOT could you show scripture to show why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I personally believe that the 3 are one. Just as you can be mother , daughter and sister and yet be one person. The LORD our GOD is ONE LORD. I personally believe that it is something that you should pray and ask GOD To reveal to you. It is very hard a lot of times to understand without GOD reveals it to you. I do think that there is so much confusion over it because satan has clouded the minds so that people are turned from the real reason we were created. Does it really matter if there are 3 or 1? I dont think so as long as you believe and worship GOD!!
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes I do and it sounds dumb but I can't explain why. I was raised that way. Same way I was raised to believe there is a god.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It all boils down to faith! I have faith that the bible is real and that God is real and if you have faith in those things then you would also have faith that the trinity is real.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 12:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes I do believe in the trinity. The way it was explained to me is God created the holy spirit which has dwelled in people like prophets. And he also created the son of man. Jesus, in Mary's womb....so they are from him and only him. So it's like Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and God are different aspects of the same being. Sorry I don't have exact scriptures to back this up, but that's how it was explained to me when I had converted to catholism.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Trinity to me means Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I like to think of the Holy Ghost as my conscious....i.e. that voice inside me that says dont do that it's wrong, or what makes me feel guilty if I do a bad thing. Hope that makes sense to you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• soyousay: I used that, it didnt work!

That is about as simple as it gets- its possible whoever you are speaking with does not want to understand the concept- if that is the case you are banging you head against the wall- ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 3:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Jesus also said my Father and I are ONE. So yes I do believe in the Trinity
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 3:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The Triune is the greatest mystery in Christianity - One God in essence; three in being. The closest thing I think to explain is a water molecule - there are three distinct parts, but they comprise one molecule. OR water comes in the form of solid, liquid or gas, but is still water. It's not a perfect explanation, but it is a visual one.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 5:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I do believe in the trinity. It is impossible for me to explain it to anyone because I think its the hardest part of scripture to explain especially to unbelievers. You could get an explanation from your pastor/preacher/clergy. Good Luck to you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I do not..Not sure where to begin as far as scriptures lol.. Because the world has chosen to take God's real name (Psalms 83:18) from the scriptures it's confusing to people. God, and Lord are not names they are titles. And how insulting to Jehovah God that his name be removed. If he didn't want it used he wouldn't have put it in the bible for us to know. and truly how close can you get to one when you don't know their name?
    1 Timothy 2:5 5-6 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus" ...Jehovah is one God- Deuteronomy 6:4..“God is only one.”-Galatians 3:20..1 Corinthians 8:4-6.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011