What are the advantages of waiting to know what the gender is?? i dont think i have patience...

Chanella

Asked by Chanella at 12:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i didn't have the patience to wait either lol!~ we had ultrasounds every week due to my GD so we got confirmation each week, we were able to shop and get his room ready and pick his name
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Other than the element of surprise there is no advantage..

For me waiting until my ultrasound was surpise enough. I didn't feel the need to wait until I gave birth. I wanted to chose nursery items, outfites, etc. for a specific gender.
    Anonymous

• It's a surprise.. that really is the only advantage of waiting (once you hit 20 weeks that is). You get to pick out names and keep the guessing game going until your LO makes their arrival into the world.

Yellows, whites and greens up to your eyeballs
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I couldn't wait. I wanted to know so badly. It was also nice to know what gender to buy for. My mom waited to find out when she had both my sister and I.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm waiting simply because I want it to be a surprise! Not that long ago we didn't have the technology to find out anyway, and I just feel like having that little surprise is one of life's mysteries that I can still experience by not finding out.
    Sometimes they get it wrong anyway ~ my DH was supposed to be a girl, and more recently a friend was told she was having a girl and then had a boy instead! They had to go buy another going home outfit for pictures.
    Also, I am not a huge fan of the color pink and if we are having a girl I didn't want everything to be pink - but that is just personal preference :)
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• We can use everything for our next ones. We have neutral clothes, the swing, the bouncers, carseat.... All neutral. People who don't want to wait like saying things like ' I want to be prepared' I was completely prepared for both. And it was fun when we had them and the doctor was able to tell us. And being able to tell everyone in the waiting room.. :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• just the surprise really...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The element of surprise!!!

Answer by older at 12:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I didn't wait with my first one and I doubt if wait for this one. My ultrasound is in less than a month so I can't wait :)
    Chanella

Comment by Chanella (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Nothing but the surprise. It makes it harder to narrow down names, harder to shop ahead of time, since there's so little gender-neutral baby clothing these days, and harder to decorate the nursery.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011