Is the anyone here who has a child/ren with either form of touretts?

my son was diagnosed several years ago with touretts. not the verbal but motor tic. there is alot i dont understand and truely need some feed back.

thank you

kohanasmommy

Asked by kohanasmommy at 12:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My nephew has it. He goes to a neurologist. If you haven't made an appt. for him to see one, maybe that would be helpful. I'll give you a bump & send a hug your way too! *Hugs*
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• DS has uncomfirmed TS. Unconfirmed b/c he has so many other issues going on that it is sometimes hard to tell what is causing which symptoms, kwim? But he does have a diagnosis of complex motor tic disorder and most definately has vocal tics (primarily palilalia), which drive us bonkers at times. He's gotten much better as he's gotten older, though. Have you joined the National Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA) yet? Here's the link: http://www.tsa-usa.org/. You can learn so much from them & they have some great pages just for kids, including a newsletter (That Darn Tic) that's written by & for kids with TS. HTH.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• he does have a neurologists. the reason i dont really have the answers because the first one he saw wasnt very helpful so now we have a different one. hopefully i can get a better reponse from him. i just have alot of questions maybe other parents can offer advice on. thank you for the hugs i need it <3
    kohanasmommy

Comment by kohanasmommy (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• mom2aspclboy, thank you for this link ive been looking for a support group and you were an prayer answered. i will definitly check this out. thank you a million times
    kohanasmommy

Comment by kohanasmommy (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I had a boyfriend in high school who had the verbal form. He often felt alienated, as the other students never understood his condition and teased him mercilessly. I hope your son does not have to go through that. It seems like you've already gotten some great feedback on this thread.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i want to thank everyone for the advice and kind words. my son experiences different tics occaisionally and i will need support. i know i can find it here thanks to you all !!!!!
    kohanasmommy

Comment by kohanasmommy (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• talk to his doctor and see what they suggest to do
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:04 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I've never known anyone with ot but here's a bump
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:14 AM on May. 22, 2011

• not my children butr we had a kid in school who had it....he was picked on until the football team started beating up the bullies
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:32 PM on May. 28, 2011