How can I make money when I have to leave for maternity and don't have coverage with my work?

I plan to take at least six weeks off for maternity leave. I would love to take more but unfortunately finances won't be easy, taking into consideration that my job does not pay for maternity leave. What can I do to make up the money that will be lost? Am looking for something from home preferably

mumma-mumma

Asked by mumma-mumma at 3:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• You can get temporary disability when you have a baby. I'm not 100% sure how to go about it. But if you look up disability for your state you should be able to get the necessary info.

I think it's good for about a month before you give birth and a few months after.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I agree with amethystrse - check out your state's disability program. It is AMAZING how exhausting caring for a newborn is.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Check out my site at my2.tupperware.com/amyroca this is how I supplement my hubbies income so I can stay home. I LOVE IT and it's great income. GOOD LUCK with the new baby!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 6:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• well it depends on when you are due... if you have a couple months to get started, i do herbalife and make extra money with it. the links are on my site to ck out and get free info on it.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 6:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• http://www.squishycash.com/members/register.php?ref=antoinettegarry (It's free) if u need help let me know.
    momagarry

Answer by momagarry at 11:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I have 3 small children and researched long and hard for a work at home job. I really wanted to contribute to my family and keep my kids with me during the day. So I did lots of research and I found a great career! I recently have come across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. It is an Inc. 500 manufacturing company. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we're already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer & healthier. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! I never have to leave my house to be successful! If you would like some more information, please feel free to ask me about how I made it happen for my family! I would love to share the information about our company! I think if you hear all the details about working for this company it will make so much sense to you.

http://www.workathomeunited.com/BeAtHome
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 10:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I have a few businesses I do from home. You can get more info at my website http://workathomewithali.weebly.com if you have questions send me a message.
    higmommy

Answer by higmommy at 3:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• There is an exciting new company called Cheerful Noise that provides ways for moms to make money raising their children. For just $34.95 a month, you can save 40% off your grocery bill and at least $100 a month in places you regularly shop. Not only that, but for every woman you help become a member of Cheerful Noise, you recieve a $20 commission - every month. Please email me at kidscomefirst6@hotmail.com or send me a message if you have any questions. I hope to hear from you soon!
    KidsComeFirst_6

Answer by KidsComeFirst_6 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Man that sounds like you are having some issues. I would like to help you learn my business and work from home if you are interested email me at lonniejenifer@verizon.net or here at cafemom. God Bless!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 5:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I started doing Avon to supplement my income from home, it has almost doubled my pay in the last 4 months. I do it online, which is a great help since i have a 9 month old baby. If you'd like, look at my website, and see how it works. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. :) Good luck! www.youravon.com/jennyhancock
    Gaaeia

Answer by Gaaeia at 4:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2008