My baby got a bad rash under her neck

and I went to a doctor on Sat. She told me that it's some kind of yeast infection (which, I forgot a name) that was caused by an irritated skin, enclosed space (under the chin for 3 months old) and leaked and trapped sugary formula, and gave me a prescription ointment. I've been washing the area, and putting the ointment, but it's not getting any better. Do you have the same experience? If so, how long did it take to clear up? Also, does anyone know the name? I thought I would remember, but I'm so bad with those medical terms, it comes in from one ear and out the other.
Thanks.

Meachan

Asked by Meachan at 12:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you have to keep the area contantly clean and dry. right after feedings and spit up clean that area well, dry it, then apply the ointment.. when it clears continue regiment of cleaning and drying so it doesnt return,
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i had the same thing after i left DD with my SIL.. she propped the bottle and just let DD fall asleep! It took about 5 days for it to start to look a bit better and almost 2 weeks for it was better. just keep cleaning it, using the cream and make sure to dap after each feeding .
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Multiple times a day, wipe it gently with a warm wet cloth, then hold up her little folds & blow/air it dry. Creams, even prescription, will help trap moisture in there making it harder to heal. I skipped the creams, just cleaned multiple times and kept it dry. I would also hold mine so that their necks were more exposed throughout the day, keeping it aired out, changed bibs/shirts/onesies frequently so there was no moisture under there.
    Anonymous

• try mix aquphor with hydrocortizone 1%, it works on my ds neck, face or wherever there's rashes
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011