What creams/oils are good for stretch mark prevention?

I will be getting big soon and want to take precaution. I'm lighter in skin tone (I hear that is a difference...?).

andie87

Asked by andie87 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Stretch marks are hereditary, but you can use cocoa butter to lessen their appearance. And it makes your skin super soft :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• There are studies that show creams don't prevent stretch marks so be fair warned for bashers..

However, the more you scratch (do to itchy stretched skin) the worse you can make them. cocoa butter or maderma (SP?) are great prestretch mark stoppers. just make sure you keep the skin moist to try to prevent itching and scratching it
    Anonymous

• I recommend u mustela cream products they are a little expensive but worth it !!
    LinaG02

Answer by LinaG02 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Ah, very nice. Thank you. I did hear it was heriditary, but wasn't sure about the vailidity of that. I have been sooo itchy! I will try not to itch, but it feels so good when I do! lol
    andie87

Comment by andie87 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You can't prevent them - if you're going to get them, you're going to get them. Just keep moisturized so minimize the itching - but if it gets really bad, mention it to your doc, as there is a pregnancy complication that causes severe itching.
    Anonymous

• I used Palmers cocoa butter cream twice a day and did not get a single stretch mark. My mom did get them. I don't know if it's the cream or luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• cocoa butter i like the vasaline kind and palmers
    auggirl11

Answer by auggirl11 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2011