Your workout schedule....

What is your workout schedule? Meaning what time of day do you workout? Do you get up before the rest of your family? Do you go on your lunch hour? How long do you workout?

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 12:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I work out on my hour lunch, whether it's a walk or going home to do cardio boxing on the kinect, or something. At night I will do tai chi or yoga and some pilates, something mellow. I do this at least m-f. we are always biking or walking or playing b-ball or soccer on the weekends, so I only do the tai chi/yoga sat & sun nights.
    Amomand4kids

Answer by Amomand4kids at 12:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I go before work and workout 4 days a week (need to bump it up to 4). If I'm short on time I just do 30-40 minutes of cardio. I usually aim for 30 cardio and 20 minutes of weights/strength training on those 4 days...alternating lower body (Tues & Thurs) with arms & abs (Mon, Wed & Friday). The following week I do arms & abs 2x a week & lower body 3 x a week.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I do a work out video for an hour at 3:00 P.M 5 to 6 days a week and I also walk 2 to 3 miles a day!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I get up and do my workout 1st thing in the morning. I work out for about 45 min to an hour so I give myself enough time to do that andshower before the kids get up
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I start my workout at roughly 1pm....my daughters down for her nap and i've had a little time to digest my lunch
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I work and work out at home, so I can fit it into my schedule most days. I usually do some form of exercise 6 days a week. During the week, I work out for anywhere from 45-80 minutes, depending on the intensity or if it's the dreaded "weights workout" day. Some days, in addition to that morning workout, I will walk briskly for 45-60 minutes before picking up my girls (walking) from the bus stop.

On my day off of working out, I usually try to at least do something, like a 30 minute walk, or a little yoga and stretching while I'm watching TV in the evening, but sometimes I really do just take the day off to let my body rest and recuperate.

This is a workout schedule I built up to, by the way. When I first started trying to exercise, I usually did every other day, and only about 30 minutes or so, because that's really all I could do.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I workout 5 days a week, sometimes 6, and I don't really have a set schedule. I do it when I can basically, but I do make time for it. Generally my workouts fall into either the morning or early evening. Now that it's basically summer here in Louisiana, when I go walking/running it will be early evening when it's cooled off somewhat. When I workout with weights, I usually do so in the morning. Yoga is usually in the morning as well because it's better to do it on a light stomach.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 1:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I do it in the mornings. I get up around 7 or 8, make my latte and have a small breakfast, then let that settle while I get ready and check my e-mail, then I head out for my run or bike ride. If the weather is too nasty, I stay home and do my Jillian Michaels videos. I have the most energy in the mornings, so that's when I get it done.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I workout after my ds gets on the school bus. If I go to the gym I take my dd with me (they have childcare) or I run outside when she goes to mother's day out on Tue/ Thu.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I used to exercise about 40 minutes 5+ days/wk. Now we are simultaneously training for a Half Dome summit and a half Marathon. I have changed up my exercising to 4 days a week, but each session is 2+ hours. I'll do a 5 mile run + a strenuous mainly rough terrain, elevation, climbing etc.. 5 mile hike.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011