How can I get my son to use the potty

My son is 4 years old and he refuses to use the potty. He will pee when he sees fit and will NOT poop. I am going nuts and its embarassing.

amberauker

Asked by amberauker at 12:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have his daddy show him the potty. Be patient, my kid was an old potty trainer!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• What potty are you or have you tried? I know the Cushion on the big toilet was all the difference in the world to my son. He wouldn't use the little potty, the big potty with a seat cover because it was just not comfortable enough for him to relax enough to go so he started refusing or wetting/pooping himself instead. So he finally said it was just TOO hard and we bought the extra cushion potty seat and that's when he started going all the time.. it was by this time the 4th different type of potty lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• well does he tell you why he wont he is 4 he probably talks and understands alot so thats where i would start find out from him why he doesnt want to then reward when he does if it doesnt work punish when he doesnt
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2011