How do I get blood off my beige walls?

One of my dogs ripped her toenail, and blood went flying EVERYWHERE. Two of my walls near my front door have blood drops all over. How do I remove the blood without taking the paint with it?

Fawn80

Asked by Fawn80 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Did you try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? That has helped me clean just about anything off of my walls.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Is the paint latex with some shine to it or is it a flat/matte paint? If it is a water based flat paint you may be out of luck- short of repainting. If it's latex and has some shine to it use some Murphy's oil soap or a magic eraser.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Peroxide should do the trick.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think peroxide????
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Clorox cleaner with bleach,, let it set then gently wipe,, don't rub,,Magic Eraser may take the paint off.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I've never needed more than warm soapy water and a rag to get blood off walls.
    Anonymous

• Hair spray might be your saving grace. Ive used it to get blood out of a lot of things when my sons have bloody noses. I just spray it on and wipe it right back off. It usually does a good job of getting it all off.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 9:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Magic eraser, but gently. A lot depends on the type of paint, too.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have used a Mr. Clean magic eraser to get blood off of my walls, but my paint is almost white. I don't know if paint color makes a difference.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Magic Eraser
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2011