Should I take him to the ER????????

May be a stupid question but here goes.. After church yesterday ds got real quiet, we just thought he was into his Easter basket. That evening family and friends came over and ds son just was off to his self sitting on on the riding lawn mower. We didn't really think any thing of it until his partner in crime came over and he wouldn't play with her(they both 2yrs old). He crawled in his dad lap around about 4 that eveningand took a nap. Dh realized that he had a slight fever so he took him inside and laid him down. Last night his temp went up to 101, so I have been giving him tyenol and ibroprofen since. I just called the doctor and the nurse said she was booked today and she will have the nurse call back with instructions. He is now complaining that his head and throat hurt(also has bad breath). Should I just go ahead and go to the ER or just wait until to tomorrow to see if the doctor can see me? He is also known for having ear infections.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• From past experience, they usually have bad breath with Strep Throat. Do you have a convenience care? I would probably take him there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Fever, headache, sore throat and bad breathe sounds like strep.. I would call the DR and back and let them know this.. A fever alone is not a good enough reason to get him in sooner but the others combined with the fever is.. Ask to speak to the nurse when you call back..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• A fever of 101 isn't too high in kids. I'd make an appointment with your dr for tomorrow and treat it like it is strep until then, Give him some cold Popsicles, ice water,get some candy he can suck on, rotate Tylenol and ibuprofen, movies on the couch.... If things get worse, head to the ER.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Go to an Urgent Care clinic, if you have one in your area. Call your Dr office and talk to a nurse. Hope he feels better!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Do they have a walk in clinic in your area? I would take him there ASAP!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would take him to an urgent care facility, if you have one near you. They are quicker and cheaper than the ER. Good luck mama!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If you feel he needs medical care today and can't wait then take him....you should NOT ask a bunch of strangers on the internet about these things.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Call his Doctor and ask them!!!!!!!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• This doesn't sound like an emergency, so avoid spending several hours waiting in a crowded ER where he may catch something much worse.

If your dr can't see him, try finding a health clinic that takes walk-ins.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would skip the ER and go to Urgent Care. THey will be able to see you alot faster
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011