Who Do You Think Santa Claus Is?

I am wondering, as I watched "The Christmas Carol" recently..One of my favorites..

We see Santa as someone in a white beard and a red suit giving gifts to children..He is not only called Santa Claus, but also St. Nick and Father Christmas..Do you think he is a representative and advocate of Jesus and his father? Do you think he was sent to us to send us joy, charity, love and goodwill to us all?..as I also remember it in Santa Claus is coming to town..there is alot said..if you really think about it...what do you think?

Adnil

Asked by Adnil at 11:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Check this out. I love it.

http://www.llerrah.com/truemeaningofchristmas.htm
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I know there was a guy that was named st nick back in the day. But these days I think that we should not Lie to our Kid's and tell them there is a santa. Jesus is the reason I do CHristmas not Santa. God bless you all and Merry CHristmas
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think he is the spirit of giving. He's a reminder of how we should be giving and charitable and love all. That laughter along with the giving makes you happy and "jolly" and enriches your life.

I dont think he has anything to do with Christ.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I told my son when he was old enough to understand and when he was asking about the reality of it all..and I told him..That Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas, Santa is a spirit..and that he was probably a human at one time, but he does help make us aware of the reasons we celebrate...the giving, the love, family..and Jesus first and foremost..My son is 14 now..and family is everything to him..as well as spirituality and Jesus...
    Adnil

Answer by Adnil at 12:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008