Salvia vs. Marijuana

Salvia is LEGAL but extremely dangerous and in many states you don't have to be over 18 to get it, while marijuana a much safer plant to smoke is ILLEGAL in many states. What is your opinion on this?
If your not sure about salvia go to youtube.com you'll find tons of videos of young teens smoking it and freaking out including Mylie Cyrus

CrazyMommy87

Asked by CrazyMommy87 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• they both should be illegal for many reasons
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am in Arizona and marijuana was just legalized. That salvia stuff is so dangerous but marijuana i believe is safer than even over the counter pills such as tylenol. My aunt was kept alive a lot longer due to medical marijuana.
    SmilesLovely

Answer by SmilesLovely at 1:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My opinion is smoking anything period is bad for u and should be illegal.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Why should any of it be legal
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Why would anyone want to smoke saliva seems like a bigger question to me than why one is legal and one is not. Perhaps smoking saliva is not yet illegal because no sane person ever thought to ensure that it'd be illegal?
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I just can't see how you can compare the two. Salvia is a drug that you have a trip for about 15min. Marijuana just gets you high. I think both should stay illegal for ppl under 18. Over 18 they both should be legal, because my body my choice. I have never done salvia, I just know ppl that have and study it since I had a teen. Where we live kids under 18 can not by Salvia, because they only sell it in smoke shops.
    Anonymous

• Despite pro-legalization propaganda, we have scientific evidence that smoking marijuana is, in fact, harmful to the lungs and the neurotransmitter system in the brain. (Alcohol and cigarettes are harmful, as well). Marijuana shold only be legal to get it out of the hands of the drug cartels and the court system. It is no more harmful than tobacco and alcohol . . . . just one more.

That being said, all of the claims that marijuana is "healthy" are bogus. It is not good for your body.

Legalize it, but tell the truth.

Salvia needs to be banned. It is very harmful.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If it was "healthy" it would be legal (marijuana, that is). I don't' know anything about Salvia, personally.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 2:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• OK, I'm really laughing at myself here...I thought the question was s a l i v a, you know, like spit...I just couldn't believe this was happening, but then I'm at a loss as to why a lot of different things happen.
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• @Kelly LOL! That is too funny!
    CrazyMommy87

Comment by CrazyMommy87 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011