Is it normal to be leaking breast milk at 20 weeks?

This is my first pregnancy and my doctor says im only five months pregnant but is it normal to already be leaking breast milk? It just kind of makes me uneasy!

SmilesLovely

Asked by SmilesLovely at 12:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I leaked breast milk early in the pregnancy with all 3 of my children..yes its normal.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes! Some women leak the whole time, some only partially. Every pregnancy is different too. With my first I leaked from about 23 weeks on. With this one, I leaked around 20 for a few weeks, and now, nothing. My tatas hurt so I know I'm making milk though. But yes, totally normal!
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 1:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yep, I leaked colostrum from 24 weeks on :)
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 2:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You are not leaking MILK, your body won't make it til after baby's born. But yes, it is normal to leak colostrum during pregnancy, but not everyone does. If you're worried about it staining, or leaking through for people to see, buy some breast pads.
    Anonymous

• I'm surprised to see that ppl leak later I started leaking at 8 weeks it wasn't a lot but enough to seep through my bra and shirt.
    lamartre06

Answer by lamartre06 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011