FAMILY

How much family do you have that lives close to you? Like this week end for Easter we went to my in laws and it isn't even an hour away. Do you like that they are close to you or if they are not? Your family or in laws.

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• none..they all live 4 1/2-5hrs away.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Our moms both live in the same city. My mom is literally 6 houses away; his is about 10 minutes. SIL is about an hour away. It really makes little difference that they are so close, we rarely see or hear from them unless they want/need something. Like last Friday when we invited MIL over for dinner because she was going to be home all of a sudden (she was supposed to go to SIL and we were going to go up for the evening.) SIL retracted the invite and then invited herself over. And then also tried to invite herself on our family vacation this summer. If we ask any of them to help my oldest watch my youngest, they are busy all of a sudden. My mom, too.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My sil and bil live next door ( about an acre away) my mom lives about 10 minutes away and dhs parents live 15 minutes away. My older sister lives about 45 minutes away and my other older sister lives 3 hours away. Dhs brother lives about 10 minutes away, his sister and other brother live about 20 minutes away and his other sister lives about 2 hours away..... We all live pretty close together but don't see most of them all that often. We see my family ( minus my sister who lives 3 hours away) at least once a week. We see his sister who lives next door, and parents probably once a week as well, and his other siblings only on holidays....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My mil and 1 sil live in my city, my parents and my sis live 30 min away in another city. My hubs favorite sis lives 3hrs away. I wish I lived in the same city as my parents as then they could see the kids more often and there would be less driving to do so.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My parents live the closest, they are the next city up from us. But that doesn't mean we see them any more often. The rest of our family is scattered all over the US. We see them as frequently as we can, whether we go to them or they come to us.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my parents and sister live in the same town i see my parents about twice a week and my sister about once a week......my bother lives about 45minutes away and i see him during the school year every couple months (but we talk or txt about twice a week) and about every other week in the spring/summer , we even take our familys on vacations together.......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My family lives several hours away, my husband's family lives less than an hour away. I hate having them so close, they area always dropping in and his mom gets offended if we go for more than a month without seeing her.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My parents live 5 hours away; we see them a few times a year. My MIL is in a nursing home @ 3 hours away, but DH has a farm nearby so we go up there most weekends. We see lots more of MIL than my parents, but then again she is in a wheelchair and can't get out. My parents are just recently retired and get around easily.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My parents live about 20 miles away, my brother lives about a 45 minute drive away, and my sister is about a 2 hour drive away. We saw none of them this weekend.

DH's parents live less than a minute away - we live on the same block. 1 SIL lives about 3 miles away (not far enough), the other SIL lives about 10 minutes away. BIL lives about 5 hours away and it's too far - our family went to their house for the Easter weekend. We all wish they lived closer.
    Anonymous

• I have a lot of family that live s within an hour and a half from me. My mil and fil live four houses away, my dh's great grandparents live across the street, my dh's aunt and uncle live across the street as well. His brother lives beside his parents, and his sister lives down the street. My parents live about 1.5 hours from me, so do most of my siblings, I do have a sister that lives across town here. My sister who I am closest with is the only one that lives far far away. She lives in England, and I live in Canada. I love that most of my family is a short drive away. Its good that my kids get to grow up with lots of people that love them.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 9:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011