Holidays

When the holiday is for us say like mothers day or our birthday do you make it open to your kids that it is your day? Do they act extra nice lol?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids are only 3 and 19 months. My ds understands birthdays, but we haven't gotten to mothers day or fathers day yet. And unfortunately my dh doesn't make a big deal about mothers day...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My birthday dh will kind of make a big deal with the kids. As for Mother's Day, dh tries but we do what my mom wants every year. It doesn't feel like a day for me at all.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Mother's Day has never been a day for me. We get stuck seeing my MIL every year. If we don't go to her house she will show up here. She has 5 kids but feel the need to make a big deal about spending every single holiday with our family. My birthday hasn't been a big deal for me since I was a kid.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• its never been a big deal to me , but we always make it a big deal for my mom
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes, DH workswith the kids and gets me a massage package, and a nail and hair packeage at the spa, a full day of mommy time! <3
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011