Is ther anything i should know about labor?

terripocket56

Asked by terripocket56 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Good question, everybody always has different responses.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yep, u can't prepare for it. I took all the classes and the breathing part went right out the window. Ur best bet is to chill and do what the docs tell u. My baby ended up being in distress and I had a c section but I was ok with it.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No...... nothing at all. Ha, ha, ha, ha........ Please ask your doctor; some stories from Cafe Mom might just scare you! Good luck ;0)

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 1:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well it's going to hurt and it's hard but you can do it! Have a good support systm and if you need to ask questions then ask them. GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I've found it easier (for me) not to have a written birth plan. Only because if you deliver in the hospital, it usually goes out the window. Try to relax and get as much rest as you want. Don't let anyone pressure you into getting pain medication if you don't want it, or vice versa. It will hurt during and after. But us women are built for it, so you can do it!! We're strong like that:)
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 1:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• well, it hurts, and you will not be able to think properly... if you can go with a non medicated birth, you will not regret it, its worth it ! try not to lay on your back, it hurts more ! read some books to get prepared, the BIrth book is a good one. write down your birth plan, and share it with your labor support ( husband or relative, doctor, nurse...) labor is different for every women, but you shouldd try to be prepared so you know you gave your best, even if something doesnt happens the way you wanted. Good luck
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 1:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Relax. Go with the flow. Tell your nurses or doctors how you feel. I was getting dizzy and had to be put on oxygen, but the nurses didnt know bc my vitals were fine. It comes natural to you. I never did the birthing classes, and the nurse commented on how well I was breathing... It is not as bad as some like to portray, and I didn't have an easy first birth at all. Make sure that where they out your iv is comfortable, mine one the side of my hand and it got ripped out while I was pushing, I lost a lot of blood. Another silly thing, is ask to look at the placenta. It is very interesting!!! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Read up on what to expect and what your options are as far as pain meds, coping techniques, etc. It's best to have an idea of what you will do in different situations because there is no way to know ahead of time how it will go. Don't get your heart set on one thing because you don't want to be disappointed in the delivery room, whether you go natural or need pain meds, or even end up with a c-section as long as you get a healthy baby as the end result that's all that matters. It really helped me to read books and take a birthing class, I just felt more prepared going into labor that way. Good luck to you!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011