• In the Spotlight:

How can i break my little girl from wanting me to hold her all the time?

serenitysmom20

Asked by serenitysmom20 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, I would say to enjoy it while she wants you to hold her. The little ones grow up so fast that you end up wondering what happened to my little one. Mine are 6, 11 and 13, they rarely even want a hug.

Other than that, put up with the tears and tantrums when you say no, mama can't hold you right now. I would try to say "I'll be there in a minute but mama needs to finish up what she is doing first."
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• try to distract her with other things. Dont give in to her.
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My daughter is 2 1/2 and is going through this phase...if you're able to, then just hold her for a few and then say "ok, mommy needs a break" that's what I do and she forgets about wanting to be held....soon enough, she won't want anything to do with you. Maybe she just needs some security from mommy. The habit will break eventually.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't get u guys cuz my daughter never wanted to be held. Even at birth she hated being swaddled. She is not a hugger, and will only high five us at holidays. We are a normal loving family but she just doesn't. So I would enjoy it if I were you.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Just wondering where the "u guys" is coming from...I LOVE holding my daughter and stated so. They grow up too quickly. I was trying to give the advice that someone asked for....My daughter has always been a snuggler and it's awesome....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011