Pregnant and not aware? bs or not?

So i think everyone has seen those shows where women go into labor not even know theyre pregnant, yada yada. Do you think this is possible, do you know anyone who this has happend to? Im skeptical..lol

AydensMommy1109

Asked by AydensMommy1109 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i think its bs how could you not know
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Actually that was me with my first one. I got my women thing every month. The only reason why we found out was b/c i had a bad cough.Ionly gained what you would call winter weight b/c i had a leak in my amniotic sac. The only thing that saved me was im drug free and alcohol free
    auggirl11

Answer by auggirl11 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I was 5 months when I found out. I had a feeling that I was. But I never missed a cycle. AF was messed up, but I always had some sort of bleeding. I thought I had been gaining weight and felt the baby move. Dh told me it was gas.... I took numerous tests and they came up negative. I finally went to the dr and they did blood work to confirm it. I don't know how people can go all 9 months and not know. Once I started feeling the tiny kicks and jabs, I knew.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think its possible. I also think for this to happen someone would have to know almost NOTHING about their body. (Just my opinion though :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It's possible. I know a girl who was on the "large side" and who's weight went up and down because of hormonal issues. Sh weight fluctuations, sore boobs, swollen feet, etc. were common for her. She never stopped having a period either, although it lessened in intensity, it never stopped. So she had no clue until she went in to labor - AT WORK... She was waiting on a table when her water broke.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Ok everything else aside, babies become really active at 7-8 months, how in the world do you not feel that??
    AydensMommy1109

Comment by AydensMommy1109 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree with Sabrina- I think it's totally possible especially if you're over weight.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't know how its possible but I do think it has happened. I mean, how do you NOT feel the baby kicking and rolling lol

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have an overweight friend this happend to. I didn't live in thearea at the time but I remember he phone calls. She thought she was preggo, took a couple of negative tests. Went to the doctor, blood test ame up negative. Started gaining more weight and went back to the doctor. They were trying to figure out if dhe had thyroid problems. Not until she was having "severe abdominal pain" and her mom took her to the hospital did she find out she was in labor. He was about a month and 1/2 preemie they think. She had severe PPD. Can you blame her? Most of us get 9 months to prepare for baby emotionally as well as materially. She went from zero to Mommy in a matter of hours
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i think it could be very possible. just think of this type of situation. you know how some people claim to have had a period through their pregnancy..well what if a woman was pregnant, did not know because she was still having monthly periods and just thought her bloating belly and pains were part of her period. my cycles and even my mid-cycle is so miserable, i feel like i'm pregnant, i even get sick!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011