IBS: do you have it? What are your symptoms?

I am almost certain I do, Im going to make an appointment but with what kind of doctor? GI? Or PCP?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 4. Now, at nearly 30, I know it wasn't IBS, it was/is Fibromyalgia, which usually has IBS as a symptom.

Before you make your apt. Contact your insurance. Some insurers won't cover specialist visits until your PCP okays it, and with something as common as IBS, you should be able to get a proper diagnoses from your PCP, which is usually cheaper.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• GI
    serenitysmom20

Answer by serenitysmom20 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No I don't have it but I think a GI is where you need to go.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree with the pp. Get an appointment with your pcp first. That way if you need a referal, they can give it to you. Most specialists won't see you without one anyway.
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 1:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have a PPO so I don't think I need a referral but I'll check if he can diagnose me. I don't know what fibromyalgia is, il have to look it up. But how did they find out you have fibromyalgia and not IBS? Curious because I have other symptos that happen seperately from the IBS "symptoms" that I've tested f
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• fOr and they still havent found anything but maybe we are looking for the wrong thing or not looking at the right stuff. Thanks for your answers ladies
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have it, basically if i have to go #2 i gotta go and cant wait, if i have to wait i become nauseous and sweaty and cant concentrate, it sucks, but thankfully doesnt happen often

AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2011