Why so skimpy?

I was looking at swimsuits for my 8 year old and is it me or are they all flimsy and skimpy including the 1 pieces?

auggirl11

Asked by auggirl11 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• yeah i know exactly what you are talking about my little girl is one and the only thing i could find her was a 2 piece and the top is just shaped as flowers. i think that i am just going to let her swim in her clothes.
    serenitysmom20

Answer by serenitysmom20 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I've bought some great ones at Target for my DD and they haven't been flimsy/skimpy at all and have held up very well; she usually gets 2 years worth out of them (that includes several vacations a year) and we only get rid of them because she outgrows them, not because they fall apart.
    Anonymous

• lol i noticed that to but i dont know why. its the times im guessing, all little girls do it. it sucks, maybe check online?
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Check out chasing fireflies catalog online. I love some of their suits....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Get her a speedo swimsuit,, lasts forever!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If you dont like them, then spend a little more, I buy my kids at the Disney Store, and they are great!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I happened to be in Sam's on Friday, and they have some very nice Speedo girls' swimsuits - nice 1 peices and very nice tankinis with full bottoms and wider straps - I saw a few spaghetti straps but only on 1 style. I was very happy with the selection and plan to go get one for all of my girls this week - plus side is they're only $12.83.
    Anonymous

• I hear you. It seems like most of the suits in my daughters size(and she is only 5) are designed for teenagers. We are going to Walt Disney World in May, so she needed one now. I was about to go online for one when I found a cute tankini style at Sam's, and it is made by Speedo. Speedo, TYR(I think that is spelling), and I believe there may be more, are made for swimming and not just sunning, try one of those brands.
    And I have another question about swim suits. I got an infant size for my son a couple of years ago(he is 3 years old now) and it had a key pocket, WHY? Is an infant is going to leave the house on his own and go to the pool or beach, not! I have not found any toddler sizes that have one, so why the infant?
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 3:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011