Once a cheater always a cheater?

is that actually true or can people change if they truely love the person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• no no and no! (imo)
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My friend cheated and he found a girl he truly loved after ten years of what we thought was the perfect relationship we found out he cheated the whole time. So maybe some change and maybe some don't
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i don't think its true, it depend son the person. i have cheated on past boyfriends, but now i love and adore my husband. i would never want to cheat. its not worth it. people learn as they grow. if they really love you and never want to see u hurt or be apart from u then i don't think so.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 1:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• They can force themselves to "change" but their true personality will be that of a cheater. They may not actually DO IT, but the tendency will be there.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I suppose someone could change, but its a trust thing really, have you been cheated on or did your so cheat before you? If its happend to you, its something your going to have to forgive and forget about or it will stay in the back of your head forever and always cause trust issues. I wouldnt stay with someone who had cheated on me personally .
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think people interpret that saying wrong. Once a cheater, always a cheater doesn't mean that just because you cheated once you will always cheat again, it's more like you'll always be LABLED a cheater because you HAVE cheated. But I think it depends on the person. Some people will cheat and get away with it for a while so they will always try again because they know they CAN. Other's stop finding a reason to cheat because they are happy and don't want to ruin their family or hurt the one they love. Others simply have morals!
    Anonymous

• I personally do not believe that statement to be true. Each person that cheats, cheats for their own individual reasons.Cheating IS a choice, a willful active choice.

Yes I firmly believe a person can change. IF THEY realize they need to change, accept they need to change, want to change and then put the effort in that it takes to change. Most anyone CAN change a pattern of behavior, pattern of actions.etc. IF they truly want to and are willing to put the work in that it takes to change. Sadly though, I feel that most human beings do not have what it takes to accept that they need to change, much less have the gumption and fortitude it takes TO change. It's easier to just stay as is and make excuses for behavior.

Love for another person rarely matters when it comes to change.Regardless of how much someone may love someone else, if they aren't willing to accept their faults and work towards change, it won't happen.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• IMO, it is true. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Answer by louise2 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think that once you have cheated on a certain person, you are definately more likely to cheat on that person again . .. a boundary has been crossed. But, the cheater could very well start a new relationship with another person and never cheat.

Some people try to move past infidelity in the marriage, but, to some extent, the main core of that marriage has been irreparatively damaged. Many people might stay together for money, ease, raising the kids, etc., but there is a distinct decision that other aspects of the marriage are more important than hurt and fidelity.

To each his own.

But, if my husband cheated, you bet I'd be out. My feelings are more important than the money.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I cheated :( on most of my ex's
    but DH and I have been together for nine years, and I've NEVER had the urge to cheat on him. We have a great relationship. So yes I think people can change
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 1:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2011