Wood Floors! :/

I just moved into a apartment. it has soft wood floors in it.... it looks really nice, but i cant seem to keep them clean! so frusterating! im not a dirty person by any means, im always cleaning. it seems that when a sweep and mop the floors, 10 minutes later it feels like there is dirt on them. noone wears there shoes in the house. I dont no what to do. any suggestions?

dfwhite

Asked by dfwhite at 1:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I used murphys oil soap on mine and it kept them cleaner longer. I also used the swiffer dry thing. It kept them feeling pretty good.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 9:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have hardwoods and like them because I can just sweep up quickly and all better. Or a quick damp mop and its fine for a while.

Imagine carpeting and you cannot see the dirt. It's still there, it's just building up.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That's the downside of wood floors.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have wood floors througout my entire house and I don't have that problem. Here's a bump.
    Anonymous

• try putting some rugs down! i have hardwoods too! i sweep all the time too! its such a pain but if it was carpet i would b vacuuming the same amount! i just hate dirt lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Is it a laminate or real hardwood ? You need to get a cleaner for the type of floor it is.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 3:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i steam mop and it seems much better..we also have all hardwood floors
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• We have the Swiffer vacuum for quick clean ups. I also second the large throw rugs-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I haven't had that problem. Don't understand what you mean by soft wood though.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• do you like rugs maybe you can put some rugs down they shouldnt get dirty if you dont wear shoes.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2011