What do I write in the wedding card tomorrow?

I am going to a wedding tomorrow and my DH & I have already purchased 2 items off of their registries. Neither item will get to them until after the wedding. We plan to take a card to the ceremony to give to the couple on the wedding day. Should we mention that the gifts are on the way in the card (P.S. style)? Or shoud we just give them an empty card. Also, the inexpensive item is due to arrive at their home before the big ticket item. I'm scared that they mightt think that we were being really cheap too. What shoud I do?? Help Mommies:)

MommmyT

Asked by MommmyT at 3:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Personally I'd write that the card is just to let them know that the two items you purchased for them will be arriving soon separately. It's simple and let's them know what's up. I like simplicity.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I would slip something in about having shipped your gifts and that they should be expecting two packages from you. This way they know something is coming and if they get the least expensive item first, they will know something else is coming too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Thanks ladies. Wanted to make sure that was the right thing to do & not too much.
    MommmyT

Answer by MommmyT at 3:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i write something like " congrats on your big day! i hope all your days together our wonderful and the gifts we got in the mail to you are very helpful. may god bless you two."
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 6:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2008