Gallblader?

I got a HIDA scan done on my gallbladder and the test came out 39. 30 and under is bad. Over 30 is iffy.  To have it removed.

The doctor said I should still have it removed. Trying to decide if I should or not go through with the surgery or not.

What do you think.

Asked by louise2 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• Once you have a problem, it will only get worse. If your gallbladder is making stones, it will continue to do so, if I hasnt it most likely will. Because yours is boarder line, I would go for it, take it out before there is more problems. However, you might have to look into your Insurance and see if they will covert since it isn't necessary yet
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I had the laparascopic procedure. Really wasn't that bad at all; the recovery was pretty quick.

The risk of NOT getting done is that if it gets worse and they have to do emergency surgery, it goes from a laparascopic procedure to a full-open with a much longer recovery.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Depends on your gallbladder issues, how you react to surgery, recovery, etc. It's up for you to talk to your doctor about and decide.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I honestly think that you should look into homeopathic ways to take care of your gallbladder before getting it removed. The reason I say this, is because after getting it removed it can cause a world of other issues. Digestion can be tricky, and sometimes people have chronic diarrhea. My mom has had issues ever since she got hers removed. Im not usually the type to try homeophatic ways, but in this instance I would.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 2:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I also wanted to mention that I hope that you come to an answer that youre good with, and I hope things go well either way you go. Feel better soon.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 5:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My gram & MIL both had it done w/ no issues. Just talk it over w/ the people in your life and good luck
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2011