Have you ever lost faith ....

then found it really hard to get it back?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 2:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My life has been a constant battle for faith. Some days I win, some days God wins. It helps that I don't blame God for the bad things that happen in my life.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I lost faith and had no desire to get it back. I was so unhappy living under the yolk of Christianity. I felt like it despised everything that I was.

I found faith several years later in paganism and have been very happy ever since.

Sometimes a direction change is all you need. It need not be as dramatic as mine was, sometimes small changes are all that's needed.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I lost faith a few years back. Like the others, I have no desire to get it back. I find I am more at peace with my belief (or lack of) than when I believed god would take care of the world.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Faith in what specifically? God, never had it to begin with even though it went against what was being "taught", but faith does not pertain only to gods or other supernatural entities. It can be applied to simple faith that I am doing my best in raising my kids, or achieving my college goals, in which case my faith has never waivered. So it really depends on what you are referring to.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I lost faith over 20 years ago, and I never once tried to get it back. Life is so much better as an atheist!
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 2:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have never had faith to lose and I've been happy all my life.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• yes, but I never tried to get it back. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be just letting go.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Sorry. But I just can't stop LAUGHING!!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am the same as Ati 13. my mom tried to force me to be a Christian just like her, but I hated it. I was only unhappy and in pain trying to be like her and all the other Christians I came in contact with. I had to hide who I really was just to make them happy. it got to the point where I told myeslf that I would rather them hate me for who I really was than love me for who I was not. I got out of the broom closet I'm now a very happy eclectic Wiccan-Witch.

like ati 13 already said good luck on whatever path you follow.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have moments of doubt and questioning that I have learned to keep to myself. There is that verse warning against making a weaker, less mature brother stumble. My Christian faith stands, however, because the Bible is the basis of our society, ethics and laws.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 9:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011