Would you....

let one of your DS's friends "bunk" at your house (in DS's room) for a month or less. They are both 18, have known the kid for 6 years, he works and will pay a minimal rent, and feed himself.

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 2:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Probably...when I was 17 my best friends James' foster mother died and he had nowhere to go, my mother offered to let him live with us for awhile (she's known him since he was 14) and it was fine...he respected the rules of our house and he was able to finish out school....he still considers my mother his "real" mom =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Personally, we don't have the room...but if we did, and the friend was responsible, I would allow it.
    starchild663

Answer by starchild663 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If I had the space. Sure.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would my son has a friend whose mother just died and we would for him.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yep. I have. I had one boy whose mom really didnt do anything for him. I homeschooled my son who was his age and he asked me if I would homeschool him too since he quit high school. I did. He stayed with us for about a year until he finished his course work for a HS diploma, then moved out.

Answer by gemgem at 2:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yep and I've done it. Parents didn't actually want the kid at home. I establish some absolute rules and said as long as he followed them he could stay. Didn't last for more than a week or so..
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I probably would.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2011