I'm very frustrated with my husband! (Vent)

So, for a few months (since he made friends with the next door neighbors), he wasn't coming home til like 4 in the morning. Then, he would be grumpy all the time when he got home bc he had to get up for work early and he was tired when he got home bc he didn't get enough sleep. I finally gave him an ultimatum a week ago. We compromized a written agreement together that on work nights, he would be home by 11pm and he could have a guys night and stay out til whenever he wanted on Friday nights. For the first week, everything went fine. This week, he says it's bullshit and wants to "unsign" the agreement. I'm ready to tell him he can have one or the other: the single life or a family. *Sigh* Thanks for the vent. That is all.

Kword

Asked by Kword at 2:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• He's young, right? Sounds like he needs to grow up. My husband went through a phase several years ago where he was taking advantage of going on at night while I was stuck at home. Thank God, one day he just grew up. No clue why or how but he just stopped going out. From then on he's been a perfect hubby and daddy - no more going out.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• What the heck are they doing until 4 a.m.?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I tell my dh, if he stays up and then is tired in the morning, that's his problem, don't complain to me, and no naps after work. I don't care if he is up until 3 and the. Has to work, I just don't want to hear about it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Good luck, that is frustrating.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• sounds like hes missing out on "the good ole days" or hes trying to compensate for something. perhaps sitting down and talking about WHY he feels he needs to be over there till 4 am is a good start...while im not a fan of giving ultimatiums in a marriage i do think something needs to be done- or give him a dose of his own medicine and leave him with the kids when he gets off from work and not come home till late, do that a few nights in a row and it might change his tune.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• He has a family now he is no suppose tocome home so late if he wanted that he should stay single I had the same problem before he will go out come late n will stay at home while he has fun until I told him that is over he stop goin out n instead he invites his friend over I kno wat u r goin through but u need to let him kno that he will loss his family if he doesnt stop!.
    LinaG02

Answer by LinaG02 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• so sorry, I dont have that issue so I dont know how to help, but good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Wow, you go girl. Stand up for yourself; get what you want in this relationship!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Wow 11pm is freaking late. That wouldn't even be a good dea for me. My husband and I act as a family unit, everything is for the children, we had our time and day of staying out however late we wanted (before marriage) but now we act as one.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes. He is young. Yes, he needs to grow up. Until 4 am, they are watching movies/drinking/playing video games, ugh.

When I finally got him to talk about why he's acting like this, he says he feels like he missed out on being young. We got married a little young and got pregnant with our first child on our wedding night. She wasn't exactly "planned", but we were ecstatic and happy to become parents. I talked with him and told him that he could still go out and have fun every now and then, just not every night and to the point where his family never sees him! Then he griped at me for not wanting to party all the time, too! WTF! I'm wonderfully happy with being a mommy and wife first and foremost. *sigh*
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011