Injured finger and unsure of severity

Last night I was picking up my kids' toy chest and I felt a sharp pain in my middle finger. It's bruised in the center and the bruise spread. Now today the bruise is about the size of a nickle on the inside of my finger and my finger tip is completely numb. I can movie it around and it only hurts where the bruise is. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• I always call the doctor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• ask a doctor, not doctor cafemom
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't have health insurance. And @Peanutsmommy1, I hope you're answer was meant to be helpful.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Wow that is very very strange. Maybe you got a little stress fracture? I would definitely make an appointment with your doctor youll probably need an xray.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 2:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I forgot to say.. Hope you feel better very very very soon.
    KristinRox

• Bruised bone maybe, broken finger, or nerve damage? I would call the doctor. See if you can make payments... Numbness is never a good thing, and the longer it is numb the worse the problem is,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011