How do I tell my husband's ex wife she's a poor excuse of a mother?

This woman has allowed her son to become severly obese. I was supposed to pick him up for his spring break on Friday early to take him and his little brother to the park, she told me not to pick him up early because she wanted to spend time with him yet they did nothing active and ate all day. She dropped him off late. Arrangements were made to have him dropped off this morning if he went home early on easter but she got mad and said that plans were being made without her which is so not true. When she has the oppertunity to spend time with her son, she sleeps or goes off with her boyfriend. She uses him to watch her niece and nephew which is so not and 11 year olds job with an adult there. Any advice?

SammysMommy9508

Asked by SammysMommy9508 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't go there. It's your husbands place to talk to his ex-wife about their child. As sm you are walking a very fine line.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I wouldnt say anything at all....I think the exact same thing about my step-daughter's mother but it's really not my place to say something to her....it's just opening up a whole new can of worms
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Its not your place to say anything, its your husbands.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It isnt your place unless your into creating drama? All you can do is spend time with him when hes with you. What she does on her time is really none of your or your husbands business. It can cause alot of problems and unneeded drama to go off on an ex.

Answer by gemgem at 2:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If you feel you are better equipped then take her to court. Demand visitation or full custody. Demand she keep up her end but be prepared to live through the war it will start.
    Anonymous

• I know this situation all to well. If I told her what I think of her as a mother, well lets just say, I can't say it on here. If I called her a name and she got smaller for every one I called her, there would be nothing left of her....lol It is not up to you and I know that sucks more than anything else. It's very very hard to deal with but you may regret it later. So let dh handle that issue for your own sake. Believe me, I have been there.
    darter

Answer by darter at 2:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• NOT your place. If your husband feels the same way HE can discuss it with her. If it doesnt bother him then really is a moot point. Your just going to cause a lot of problems.
    Anonymous

• Not really the drama causing type. I am very worried about my stepson and his health. The last thing he said to his father before he got out of the car was "I dont want to go into the house, the babies are here." How does that sound? Its sad and it is so not healthy. My husband isnt speaking up and its really starting to tick me off. I dont care if she takes time from his father and I what I care about is the time she steals from my son which is his half brother. What she does on her time is my business because it affects my family and his behavior in my home.
    SammysMommy9508

Comment by SammysMommy9508 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My personal thoughts are this.If I were in that situation.

It would not be my place to say anything to her. If there were issues of concern, or causes for concern, it would be my husband's place to take that up with her. Regardless of how much I may want to say something to her, I would not. I would share my concerns with my husband and from there it's would be up to him to deal with it in the manner he saw fit.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You should keep it to yourself, if you care as much as you say you do (which I don't doubt) then you should care that the father is going to loose time with his son. Valuable time where you can still have an influence.

What she does on her time is NOT your buisness any more then what you do on your time is her's.

If your husband doesn't have a fire under his ass to do anything about it, then you better light that fire. If he is obese and not just chunky then his mother is putting her son's life at risk, hell in some states CPS can come in and remove the child.

Sorry that your home is being affected but thats what happens with kids whether they are biological or not.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2011