Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

My boyfriends ex is giving his custidy of his son,and he has takeing on all this new responsality and im nervous.can anyone maybe help me get to know more about what might happen?

Answer Question

Asked by april92 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • You should probably make an appointment with his pediatrician or the one you plan on using and discuss it with them.

    Answer by gemgem at 2:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • I agree with gemgem. I would do the first without him then one with him. Ask any questions you may have. I have had seizures all my life and sometimes it just scares people and causes it to make a bigger deal than it normally would. Feel free to message me and ask any questions. Good luck.

    Answer by arenad at 3:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • I understand your fright. My husband was just diagnosed with epilepsi. I would do what a PP said. Go talk to a Dr there are different kinds of seizures so its hard to say what to expect. My husband has the kind where he will just stop and be blank faced, he has had the ones with convulsions but not for a while.

    Good Luck!

    Answer by Ambear72 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • My niece had seizures when she was little. Her parents kept a monitor in her room even though she wasn't a baby, so they could know right away if there were any problems. They have video monitors now that also have the sound, but they had the one that was just the speaker. They also had a bed in their room that she slept in if she'd already had a recent seizure and they wanted to keep a closer eye on her. I don't have firsthand knowledge of caring for a child with a seizure disorder, though. I had one gran mal seizure when I was 17 but never found out what caused it and thankfully haven't had one since. There are different types of seizures, and the pediatrician would be able to give the best advice, as gemgem mentioned.

    Answer by AmourSpork at 3:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • I agree with op. Talk to pediatrician or neurologist. Seizures can look really scary, and methods of treatment have improved dramatically over past few years.

    Answer by elasmimi at 8:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

  • You should probably make an appointment with his pediatrician or the one you plan on using and discuss it with them; i have seizures and they are a scary thing to deal with as an adult I can understand it being even scarier when it is a child.

    Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:04 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • Definitely talk to his ped and neurologist there are many types of seizures and not all are easy to recognize.

    Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:06 AM on May. 22, 2011

  • i agree with the others about talking to his dr about his meds and what to do when he has one good luck

    Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:29 PM on May. 28, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.