Do you have a membership to a fitness facility? If so, what is the main reason that you are a member?

f1tmama

Asked by f1tmama at 2:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I miss the gym! We can't afford it right now, but I used to go a few days a week. I'd lift weights, take a spin class, swim, hit the stairmaster... I made it worth my money. I've never been bothered by what people think of me at the gym. I don't go there for them- I go for me.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes - I love working out at the gym. I don't workout well at home, I like having a variety of equipment so I can change up my workouts. I don't care what people think - even when I was 80lbs overweight, I was there to exercise so I just turn up my music and tune everyone out. I have some videos & equipment at home but I rarely use it.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No. Can't afford it and don't want to work out in public until I don't look like I need to work out.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 2:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I like the staff and it is affordable, I spend at least 3 days a week there.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes - just joined so I can have someone watch my kids while I workout, and because it's a motivator for me . . . if I paid the money, then I HAVE to go!

Answer by missanc at 3:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't. I had a personal trainer for awhile through a local groupon deal but used those sessions up. Instead I bought Insanity. I became a beachbody coach to get any of their workout sets (insanity, turbofire, p90x, etc) at a 25% off discount. I'm on day 9 and love it. I'm planning on trying Insanity the Ayslum next and then p90x. If you want into about it click here

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I work out at Gold's Gym. I've been a member at pretty much every facility before (LifeTime, Bally's, LA Fitness, Anytime Fitness) and pretty much the only reason I went back to Gold's Gym is because of the it's close proximity to our house.....and the price. I'm in a contract, but I only pay $19 a month. Plus, they have free childcare while you work out.....and they have several tv monitors stationed around the gym that show you the childcare area so you can actually check in on your kid without having to physically quit your workout and go to the childcare area. :-)
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011