I want to make him be bored today

friday me 3yr son went to the beach. sat he went tO DISNEY land with my sister. Yesterday was easter. AND TO DAY. he says mom im BORED. honestly it may be sunny day. but he can play with his toys in his room today. just a vent really..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• People really spend way to much time on trying to entertain their children, they over do it, and then comes the easily bored. I have learned to let my kids play and use their imagination without me constatly trying to entertain them... I hear the "I'm bored" very rarely lol.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I know how you feel, but a child needs to express themselves thru play, and maybe just let him in the back with paint paper and bubbes!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Wow, God Forbid you let him play outside on a sunny day, or better yet, play and interact with him!! Wow, the nerve of some people!
    Anonymous

• my boys are 4 & 5 and i don't honestly think I've ever heard them say they are bored. They do keep pretty active with each other and I think that helps. I played with them when they were younger but never spent 24/7 with them and I think that is why they can play solo or with each other.

Now, when I was growing up...i learned very quickly NOT to say I was bored. My mom would ALWAYS find house work for me to do.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i might also add we have baked muffins and colored pictures this morning. i guess im a bad mom bc i dont want to entertain my son every min of every day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Your not a bad mom.... some people are just grouchy. Encourage him to play alone, give him tasks to do in his room or in the living room.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Thanks amazing grace. what i really should have posted was today was going to be an indoor day. i told him mommy is willing to color and read stories but other then that please play in your room. thanks again amazing grace. all your response are very spportive and sweet.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You are not a bad mom for not wanting to entertain your child every second of the day. I don't entertain mine that way. I let her play by herself and especially today she needed the down time b/c she had a very busy weekend. Just let him figure out how to entertain himself. If you can find some time to sit outside while he plays for a bit it would be good to get some fresh air for both of you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Your welcome :0)
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Heck no, after being on the go so much its good for them to have down time at home doing not much. There is nothing wrong with that. Just encourage him to find a toy or soemthing to play with. He needs to learn to play by himself sometimes and there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011