OFF FORMULA part 2

HELP ....... i cant get my 13 mouth old off her formula ...she only has it at night when she is going to bed she wont take milk or water or juice ....only formula ....i dont know what to do.........HELP ooooooooo p.s. i am so scard of giveing her milk at night i dont want it to go bad .......and i tryed to not give any thing but she crys and crys what can i do......................

LisaAnnPonce

Asked by LisaAnnPonce at 12:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do the milk like you do the formula....formula goes bad after an hour, so does milk. like i said before, mix it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Go with what I said in the other question about going cold turkey and also only give water at night. By her age she doesn't a night time feeding, but something to wet her palate. So give her water in a sippy cup. I never give juice or milk at night. Milk goes bad and juice will rot their teeth.

Anonymous

• Are you giving her a bottle in her crib at night? That shouldn't be done either. That's why I'm asking. Just give her a bottle before bed...while you supervise her with it. There shouldn't be problems. As for the other stuff, go cold turkey. It might sound mean, but they'll get over it. :)
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Another thing you can do is gradually move that last bottle earlier so it is not part of the bedtime routine. I think it's way easier to cut it out after it's not part of going to sleep. You can replace the bedtime bottle with a song or a story or just quiet cuddling.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008