Thinking of moving to another country... Who do I contact to fine out more info about 3 different countries in different continents?

Or maybe you can tell me what you know of Ireland? How is the economy?
What about Canada? How is the economy?
Or Australia? How is the economy?
Are any of the above more kid friendly than others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Travel

• Contact the consul in those countries and ask questions

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Also maybe try to meet some of the people who live there I have relatives in Australia.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Your first step would be to check with the immigration department of each country you are considering. Most countries have a list of requirements that must be met in order to immigrate there, many give special consideration for those who meet certain career/job qualifications, many have regs on vaccinations you need, many have rules in regards to how long you can immigrate there for,they all have their own visa process, and they all have their own visa requirements(work, study, residency.etc).Before you decide to move to another country,make sure you are able to do so to begin with.Some countries are very tight with immigration and so the qualifications are harder to meet.

In regards to the socio-economic status of those countries.What it will be like for you greatly depends on your socio-economic status now, what type of jobs you qualify for, and other factors.Same for child rearing, you socio-economic status has an affect.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I know that Canada and New Zealand have strict immigration policies.

My friend's mom is married to a Canadian and has been for over 25 years. When they decided to make Toronto their primary residence 5 years ago she had to jump through hoops like crazy, even though they had been married for a long time and she owes an extremely profitable business that had easily made the relocation as well.

My cousin and his wife went to New Zealand several years ago and it was similar. He could not get a visa on his own, even though he is an engineer and she was a math teacher. It was her visa that everyone used to get in. Now they have a small farm on the south island.

Google is your friend.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Young Irish are LEAVING that country right now because the economy is poor.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I was born in Canada but hold an American passport. Getting dual citizenship back is a bitch. Ireland is in the tank. But they like kids.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• OP, the best thing is to google the country's immigration process, that is what we did when we moved to Canada from England.  I don't know about Australia but Europe has been hit very hard by the recession.  Canada weathered the recession quite well, all things considered.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My friend's mom is married to a Canadian and has been for over 25 years. When they decided to make Toronto their primary residence 5 years ago she had to jump through hoops like crazy, even though they had been married for a long time and she owes an extremely profitable business that had easily made the relocation as well.

My experience is quite different.  I was born in England but raised in Canada.  I was a Canadian citizen when I moved back to England and when we decided to move back to Canada, my British husband had to immigrate.  We mailed off the application forms and the fees and 4 months later my husband received his visa.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would probably opt for Canada ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:37 PM on May. 5, 2011