How can i get my daughter to potty on her own?

me and my boyfriend have been working with our daughter on potty training. she goes every 30 minutes when we ask her to but if we don't ask her and we let her be more independent then she just pottys in her pull up. we have tried so many methods but she will not go on her own.. this has been going on for a two weeks.. is she just not getting the concept??

Awooten

Asked by Awooten at 3:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• take her out of pull ups and put her in undies. I feel that pull ups are just like diapers.. she is comfortable in them.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 3:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• we did but she stood right in front of me in her "big girl panties" and pee'd, lol!
    Awooten

Comment by Awooten (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• get rid of the pull ups.. I bet it will only take a couple days for her to go fully by herself.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• def get rid of the pull ups, even if she does pee in her big girl panties, let her sit in them a few times, i bet she wont like it lol I know it sucks but she'll eventually get it =-)
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• so just let her wear her undis and contiue to take her every 30minutes?
    Awooten

Comment by Awooten (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• lol! i'll try that. see if that does something for her. she is starting a new school soon and it requires them to be potty trained. i am going to start school soon myself so its a must do!
    Awooten

Comment by Awooten (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes, she'll probably wet them for a couple days until she "gets" this new change.. My son wet for a full week all day and the more we asked him, the more upset he got. Maybe take her 20 minutes after seeing her drink something if she gets irritated. good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• lol! thank you! i will try these and see if we dont have improvement!
    Awooten

Comment by Awooten (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011