OMG!!! What do I do?

I just found my 3 year old down in her play room with her 2 1/2 year old friend "playing Doctor" she had undressed her friend waist down, and had her lying on the floor in a very vunerable position:( When I ask her what she was doing and where she learned it all I get is "I dont know?" She got really upset like she was in big trouble and wont tell me anything! WHAT DO I DO? Where could she have learned this? Is this normal? Should I be prying a little harder for more info? I dont want to scare her or make her feel bad. I just need to make sure she hasnt been touched like this by someone else, I feel so lost and powerless please any advise would be great.

scanamey77

Asked by scanamey77 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow im a babysitter i walked in on something similer .just let her kno shes not in trouble ask them what was wrong with the paient? ask how the docter was helping the patient.try not to make a big scene and dont let your child hear you talking about it to any one els they might be a little imbarased they might of been querious. i think it time to get a book that explains the female body parts nothing to descriptive each her about how her privites and tell her not to touch any one like that or not to let others touch hers.
    please answer my question
    MiszNewStuff

Answer by MiszNewStuff at 3:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• this needs to be taken very seriously. I would really talk to her and try to pry it out of her. Like you said, you dont wanna scare her or make her feel like she is in trouble. You know your daughter...really dig for it. She had to of learned it from someone. Could she have possibly seen it on tv?
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• First, don't panic!!! It is normal for little ones to play in such a manner. If the child has been to a doctor and was checked out in the same way, then maybe she's just reenacting it. However I would keep a closer eye on how much she tends to want to play that same game or other ones where that kind of thing is involved. Some kids are just more prone to being touchy feely. It's our job as the parent to keep an eye on these things. We have to be careful we don't make think that their bodies are bad or touching in general is bad. I would just let it go for now and like I said, keep an eye out for the repetitiveness of it.

darter

Answer by darter at 3:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• is this something she could of picked up from you? has she walked in while u were in that postition with your husband or at ur gyno? kids are like sponges man, just sit her down and tell her you need to know. and have a quit conversation with no yelling or raised voices. maybe sit down at the table over cookies n milk or a snack and talk with her. find out how and why.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• wait a little while until you ask her again.. but before you ask her remind her she isnt in any trouble or anything, just want to know where she learned it from..
    i think almost all kids go through a doctor stage, but with her being naked is a littel strange maybe?
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 3:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Is she watched by anyone else? can you narrow that down first? I think this age is far too early to "explore" but I am not certain.. *hugs and good luck mommy *
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I know many will say curiosity, etc, but I've never have had my kids play doctor and I certainly wouldn't have let my 3 year old and playmate play without being in ear shot. Heck even my kids at 9 and 10 are always pretty much in ear shot of me and if not then I can see them. They don't have the opportunity to do something like that...... I sincerely hope you tell the playmate's parents what happen because you NEED to!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have 2girls a year apart and i caught them playing change the baby diaper and my youngest had my 4yr olds pants down and wiping her, i explained to them that, that is there private part and knowone is suppose to touch it except themselves or when mommy and dady bathe them. Mybe she picked it up from when she got a checkup at her dr,tv, or saw your gyno do it. But even if the answer is one of those it could be something more serious and mybe a child theripist could get it out of her, cause at 3yrs old they can't exactly vocalize things right
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 3:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would think of where she has been and if the people around her are trustworthy or not. also if one kid has been molested then they think it's alright to do what was done to them to other kids. So i would asked her to tell me what she was about to do before i interrupted and tell her that it isn't okay to have other children undress for her. Doctors fix boo boos and ask her if she had a boo boo or something like that. I would feel the same way if I were you. god bless you both and you will be in my thoughts.
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I cant recall where she would have seen this? I am pregnant and she has gone to obgyn w me but she never seen a pelvic exam she sits behind me with my husband? Her TV is very limitied? The other little girls mommy was here with us during the play date, and we checked on them the second it got quiet they are ALWAYS within ear shot, and that quick we found them in that situation. I am worried and just dont know how to deal with it:(
    scanamey77

Comment by scanamey77 (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011