Pornography

Should pornography be banned for moral, religious, feminist or crime-prevention reasons? Or is censorship of this sort ill-advised?

LanaisSky96

Asked by LanaisSky96 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Entertainment

• All the above
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 3:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree all of the above.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Okay who is going to ban it when they cannot even decide what it is? I think when they can say what it is then they will ban it but how do you ban a billion dollar business not being an ass but think they tried to ban smoking but its still a billion dollar business does that make it right no.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• This would be censorship, if you do not like do not look at it, but those who do have all the right in the world to watch it if they want.

Answer by older at 3:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No, I don't think it should be banned.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Its one person's opinion against the other what is immoral. So no, nobody should be able to dictate what others should watch.
    Anonymous

• How can you agree with all of the above? You agree it should be banned AND that censorship is ill-advised?

Whether one agrees with it or not, it's a slippery slope.

Past that I won't bother. I'm an apathetic debater. If there is no chance it's going to happen anyway, why bother debating it. I don't see anything wrong with porn (loosely defined as consensual acts of people over the age of consent recorded for the entertainment of others over the age of consent) but I don't really care to try to change anyone's opinion because they wouldn't have a chance of changing mine.

Mostly I just chimed in because I get ticked when people don't read the whole question before answering.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 3:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• blu_canary, I was confused at the first two comments too. Hopefully they'll be back to explain.
    LanaisSky96

Comment by LanaisSky96 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would love for it to be banned for moral and religious reasons! But that is only an opinion!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No ,not everyone shares the same religious view or moral view. Not everyone views it as as a crime against women, nor does everyone believe that porn has anything to do with feminism.  

p>

When it comes to banning and censoring something like pornography another thing that must be taken into consideration (which makes the notion an ill advised on) is this.Pornography is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone views the same things as pornography. For example: some may view many Hindu statues as pornographic, or the Kama Sutra as pornographic. To me they are not because they are religious symbols/icons/books for me as a person raised Hindu/if Indian Descent.

Ex: Porn or religious art

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011