Just left my 6 wk check up.. confused, lol

i just realized the doctor said more than once "youre only ten days out, you look great"

it was my 6 wk check up.. and she said to schedule another in 4 weeks and still no intercourse..

i had all 4 of my kids there & my hubby, so i guess i wasnt paying much attention.

what does ten days out mean? did they get me confused w/ someone else thinking i just had my baby ten days ago? because I thought intercourse was allowed after 6 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• you can have sex the only reason they tell you not to is so you don't get pregnant again but if you use protection then you wont.
    serenitysmom20

Answer by serenitysmom20 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would call and ask. Just to check. Sex is suppose to be allowed after 6 weeks, unless there was something else going on. I'd call and ask
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I do believe that they did. they have so many patients that they often do that. I've had something like that done to me before. just brush it off. And yes intercourse is allowed after 6 weeks, unless you're having probs.
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• yeah absolutely no problems at all! I even had my new son in there.. major chunker, def doesnt look ten days old! lol!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• omg that really is what it sounds like. i hope she had the right chart! call in and ask why you have to come back after 4 weeks because this was your 6 wk check up. haha good luck!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 3:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yup . . sounds like patient confusion. You doc could have had the right chart out, but, being sleep-deprived, as many are, could have temporarily lost train of thought.

It happens.

I would call, though . . just to ask.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I say call to. Because mix ups can happen. I was 8 and 1/2 months pregnant and when in for an appoinment and the nurse comes in lays the chair back and tells me to lift my shirt while she is getting some stuff together. I thought she was gonna listen to the heart beat when she says that she is going to remove the staples from my belly. I'm like WHAT??? I look at her and say but I am still pregnant and have no staples. she just grabbed the wrong chart is all. So call them and find out whats up.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Sounds like a mix up, I'd call. And pregnancy prevention is NOT the only reason they tell you to wait 6 weeks, prior to that the risk of infection is higher.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2011