Do you seriously think that you have experienced implantation bleeding??

It seems I always hear this from women that are ttc and really really want to be pregnant. Just wondering if anyone found out that is really what the bleeding was.
When I found out I was pregnant with my son I counted back through the calendar based on my weeks gestation that showed on my ultrasound. I saw that my conception date was supposedly the day before I got my period. Do I believe it was implantation bleeding? No. It seemed like a regular period and the following month I felt like I was going to get it for an entire week and it never came. I am ttc #2 and still refuse to assume I am pregnant because I am bleeding. I don't know if that is really what I had with my son or if I am just one of those women that still got her period for a while after she became pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Also Ultra Sound dates are EXTREMELY bad things to go off of for dates of conception or implantation.

AND implantation does NOT occur the day of conception. It takes up to week or more for the egg to move into the uterus and implant.

ALSO it is physically impossible to ovulation the day before your period unless you have a SEVERE SEVERE SEVERE luteal phase defect which you CLEARLY do not have since you ARE indeed pregnant which shows me that it is clear that the conception date is off.

It IS possible to have sperm from intercourse just before or after your period stay inside the tube and catch an egg if you ovulate very early in your cycle.

SOOOO the period you had was most likely just that...a period and you most likely concieved soon after.
    Anonymous

• implantation bleeding doesn't usually look like mentrual bleeding, it's soft pink to red, but kinda clear and watery. It occurs within a day to three after ovulation, depending on where the egg is in the tubes when ovulation occurs. It is crampy, and the bleeding comes and goes, but it is barely there when a woman wipes usually, or it looks like spotting. Usually if you cramp on one side, it means the implantation is occuring on the opposite. there's a medical name for that, but i can't remember right now. My sister and i both have implantation bleeding with our pregnancies.
    Anonymous

• oh yes, and we've both had doctors confirm these too, that's how we became so informed on the subject, having our doctors there every steo of the way (since they are all planned conceptions)
    Anonymous

• I did have implantation bleeding. It was light, pink and only there a few wipes. I went through IVF so I know my dates.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes. Implantation bleeding does not look like period bleeding so I would never assume that anything that looked heavier than light pink or brown spotting or light bleeding was implantation bleeding.

I did not have it with my first pregnancy but had it at 9 dpo with baby #2 and at 4 weeks along with baby # 4.

It is important to remember that implantation bleeding does NOT typically come out the same day that implantation occurs. It may take days and in some cases WEEK to exit the uterus. Implantation is very real. Assuming you are pregnant because you see blood is silly but it certainly DOES occur.

Anonymous