Do you get up with your High School Student?

sipn_mom

Asked by sipn_mom at 3:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• No, not always. I felt like it was ok most of the time. I mean they can make their own breakfast and dress themselves by then. I got up sometimes, just so they wouldn't feel lonely in the mornings or decide not to go. I didn't drive my kids to school everyday like some people are compelled to do either.
    darter

Answer by darter at 3:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I get up for work or school before him but sometimes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am up anyways so I guess I do. Also, I have younder ones that I need to get ready and I drive them to school. Usually the High School Student is the last one out of bed in my house. He does everything for himself though.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm up before them. My 17 yr old will get up with an alrm on her own, but since I'm up I wake her- my almost 15 yr old though will sleep through almost ANYTHING...he is a pain in the butt to get out of bed and has been that way for years- so I have to do it or his alarm would go off all day
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• No. My DH has to leave for work at the same time son he's the one up with them in the AM.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 5:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• yes..... we do not have buses and she doesnt have a licence.

Anonymous

• yES I DO. I DONT HAVE TO , BUT I DO. I BELIEVE IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY AS A MOTHER TO SEE MY CHILD OFF TO SCHOOL. TO GIVE HER THAT REFRESHING START OF THE DAY WITH AN I LOVE YOU. WHAT A BETTER WAY TO START YOUR CHILDS DAY. HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THEY DIDNT WAKE FROM A BAD NIGHT OF DREAMS, YOUR HUG AND AN " I LOVE YOU " COULD BE ALL THEY NEED TO TURN THEIR MORNING AROUND. I WOULDNT MISS SEEING MY DAUGHTER FIRST THING IN THE MORNING.
    mythreegems

Answer by mythreegems at 2:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• ditto mythreejems!!!I did all 3 of mine every single day.They need you off and on at different times.You lay in bed may show them well she does not really care.Gotta be there 24/7 ,be the parent.Be there get up see how they are dressed,what if something happened and you could not tell the police what your child was wearing that day?,just saying .
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I am the first one up every morning. I pack lunches, fix breakfast, and my daughter and I take the same bus (to two different train stations)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:16 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I get up check on her, but technically I am not "with" her. When I got sick my husband started getting up "with" her before that I did every morning (made breakfast etc). Now she gets up at 4:45, but doesn't leave until 6:45. I get up at 5:45 (the time she I usually done showering) see if she needs anything and make sure she has everything. We just started this routine this year, she's 17 and a junior in high school. Before that either my DH or I would get up with her.
    sipn_mom

Comment by sipn_mom (original poster) at 9:27 AM on May. 1, 2011