Who's right here?

I found out that my stinking CAR WAS SOLD TO ME AS A FLIPPAN LEMON!

Yep.. I bought a used car.. The people who I bought it from inspected it.. THEN I drove off.. AND WHAMMO A while later I find that the car is so bouncy and just plain hard to drive I took it to a dealer.. I have an oldsmobile.. Ya well while there the man says.. WHEN DID YOU BUY THIS? I SAID.. LIKE IN THE PAST 2 MONTHS...

He said.. the damage on this car is not a "new" thing.. and you couldn't have done this kind of damage in a few months..

At which time I said... WHAT DAMAGE?

Apparently My car is UN-INSPECTABLE.. AND THEY FLIPPIN SLAPPED A STICKER ON THERE... ANYHOW.

So apparently I have been driving my kids in an unsafe vehichle..

Ya, My SHOCK MOUNTS ARE ALMOST RUSTED OFF! That is why my car drives like it does..

At which point I get a knowing look from hubby which means.. "SEE THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH THE CAR I WANTED!"

Now back to in the past few days.. I finally get these guys who sold and inspected my car.. for me.. To fess up.. and here is what they are willing to do..

READY??

They said the only thing they can and will do.. since I really would have to get lucky in court to prove anything.. according to them!

I can have $2000.00 back.. OUT OF MY $3900.00 Towards another car on their lot.. But the only cars on their lot right now .. are starting at $4900.00 Which means they want me to

A) TRUST THEIR LOUSY LYING HIDES AGAIN

B) GIVE THEM MORE MONEY TOWARDS THIS OTHER CAR...

C) BASICALLY TAKE IT IN THE PROVERBIAL TAIL PIPE!

MAN I HATE MECHANICS!

I don't have the money for the differance.. And I don't know why almost half the price is gone in only 2 months.. and why I should lose almost all my money when the problem was caused by their shady dealings..

Hubby says to take the offer as we don't have the time/money to fight them..legal battle etc.. and need a car!

I say.. THEY ARE TRYING TO SCREW US A SECOND TIME! First time was because they sold us a crappy car and inspected it ILLEGALLY! Second time is now when they want me to lose 1/2 the value I was supposed to have in this car.. when THE PROBLEM IS STILL ENTIRELY THEIRS!

Why don't they just give me a car... IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE.. NOT MINE!! I mean one of them cars is probably about $3900 that they spent on it.. They would simply just not get the comission from it that they wanted.. And avoid a lawsuit!

Am I wrong?

Jesuscares4you

Asked by Jesuscares4you at 3:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• Call ur attorney generals office. It's their pleasure to rip crooks a new one.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Lemon laws, only apply to new cars not used ones, you can sue them but you will end up paying more in the law suit than the car is worth. They know any good lawyer will tell you the same thing. You should have had a mechanic inspect it before you bought it, just because it is sold in a dealer does it mean it is in good shape.

Answer by older at 3:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Honestly, you should have had that car inspected (by a third party) before you took it off the lot. And if you werent going to then you should have made sure you got some paperwork from them that the car is in complete working order ( if you did then, you have all the rights to go to court) if you didnt, you have no case. Also you should have gotten a CARFAX report.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous is right you always have YOUR mechanic look at things. You NEVER go with what their mechanic has to say!! DUH! (snarky I know, but's car buying 101). Heck I can look at the car and say yep, it's good but in reality I know squat about cars. Really Anonymous is dead on!!! Lesson learn....eat your loss and do better next time.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Seeing as you had the car for 2 months and waited to bring up the bad driving and so forth, it is in your hands.Check your local lemon laws... We were in this position, and pretty much had our hands tied bc we signed and it was as is condition.

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/Lemon-Law-Statutes.htm
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Only SOME states lemon laws cover only new cars.... Make sure you look at your state and see.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• because most people who have control in a large organization are dishonest and try to get away with whatever they can.
    momdonna2g

Answer by momdonna2g at 3:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Do you have a local News station with a consumers affairs department? They can go to bat for you and shame the company to get it right..
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• contact the state's attorney's office

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Hell no! Id have an attorney on them so fast..............
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2011