Crying it out-babies?

When is the earliest you let babies cry out?
My son is 4 1/2 months and still gets up 2-3 times? Do i keep getting up?
Thanks:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not recommended before 6 months at all. Try the book No Cry Sleep Solution instead.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• do you swaddle your baby? I found my baby sleeps through the night if his arms are not free to fly around. he was up every 3 hours before I started swaddling again. I woulnt let him cry it out yet, still to young. good luck
    skeeter1970

Answer by skeeter1970 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I didn't let my son cry it out until he was 11 months. He was and still is a terrible sleeper. I only did the cry it out after I tried every other method. I would try what skeeter1970 suggested, even though it didn't work for me at all! Good luck!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My DD is 5 mos and I don't let her cry it out. If she wakes up I just feed her and she goes right back to sleep. Sometimes she sleeps most of the night, but usually she gets up between 4-6am. If she's really cranky and tired I'll put her down and she might yell for a min. I don't let her really cry because she just gets congested plus I just can't stand to see her cry. Babies don't cry to manipulate you, they use it to communicate their discomfort. Crying it out is older generation advice.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• no baby should CIO. & even those who think they should say 6mos is the minimum age. it just does nothing for the child. comfort your baby. he just needs his mommy.
    Anonymous

• Man some women get so defensive. I am sorry I do not know the right age, but you know your baby so do what feels right when it feels right.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My baby is 8 months old and still gets up sometimes. We had to swaddle her until she was 6 months old, she would sleep in her crib for about 6 hours swaddled. After we had to stop swaddling her, she would not sleep in her crib. Our baby sleeps in bed with us, that we way we all can sleep. I never let her cry it out, I don't believe in that method (Ferberizing). I want her to know I will be there for her. Make sure whatever you do, you stick with it. If you have a partner, make sure you both agree with whatever method you choose. I know it's hard, I still go through it sometimes. It's worth it. Merry Christmas! : )
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My first son we did at 4 mos. He did wonderful.You can't just let them cry for to long at first. It should be 15min then comfort and change and then 15 min again. It usually doesn't take more than an hour or two. Its best to start it during the day when your not so tired and anxious. Unfortunately my 2nd son we decided not to do it with because everyone told us how awful we were for doing it. He never slept well as a baby because of it. He's 1 1/2 now and still will not sleep thru the night no matter what I do. I think is the best thing in the world for your kids to learn to sleep on their own.

Anonymous

• We are on the 5th night with no paci and no swaddle--we had to use the cio because nothing else we tried worked--You just have to do what is best for your child and you at the time--just remember that if you choose to do it you have to see it all the way through or they have learned how to manipulate mom. I have already seen the manipulation at work with mine. I wish you all the luck in whatever route you choose.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Well, my daughter never needed to CIO until she was one or so-lol
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008